Hotdesking is a feature which allows for multiple office workers on different shifts to use a single physical workstation or surface as opposed to each staff member having their own personal desk.
Adding Hotdesking Users
- In the Manager Portal, navigate to the domain in which you are configuring the hotdesking feature.
- Click on Users > Add User and create a user that will be using the hotdesking feature.
- Assign the user to a User's Scope of Call Center Agent.
- Make sure that the button next toAdd Phone Extension is not checked.
5.Click Add User to complete.
How to Configure a Hot Desk button
- Firstly, you must add target phone for the hot desking user
- Secondly, Login to the Manager Portal,Click “Inventory”→“Phone Hardware→Find the target phone and go to SNAPBuilder.
- Configuring a button as a hot desk:
4.Click the "Save and Resync".Phone will get a new configuration file which contain hot desk button.
How to Use Hot desk function
- For example: Press the Hot desk key on this 3000's phone.
- Server will let you enter the your call number and password, for example:2000.
- Enter the correct call number and password, Server will always forward to the 3000 when other people call 2000.